Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mom Is A Slacker

Here is slate getting ready to go out on a COLD Arizona Morning- Just kidding- the hat was so cute- I just had to have him wear it !
Here is Slate with Aunt Kathleen from Maryland.

I Love My Aunt Jan- ~Slate


Such a happy Uncle John. We love him too! He came all the way from Virginia to meet me!



Aunt Janice from Virginia!


You can tell I have been back to work for the past 3 weeks. I barely have time to get dinner made, bottles done for the morning and get Slate ready for bed before we have to go to bed. Having to start teaching at 6:30am has been rough on all of us! So, I will catch up from the past 3 weeks.

We were so fortunate to have a lot of visitors the past week. Slate got to meet four more aunts and uncles from out of town. Uncle John and Aunt Jan were here from Virginia and Uncle Bob and Aunt Kathleen were here from Maryland. Slate is very lucky to have such loving aunts and uncles. Everyone loved him. We were happy they could be here to see him.

Slate discovered a lot of things this week. He is starting to hold his head up all by himself and he loves to look you in the face if you hold him over your shoulder. He is pushing up with his arms and tummy when you lay him on the floor too. He is getting to be a big boy for sure, he was even pushing up on his legs when he was standing on Uncle John's lap.

Slate is finally smiling. I am so happy, I was a little nervous at first that he was going to be delayed, but he seems to be doing fine and smiles and laughs a lot now.

And for the best news of all ( well for a tired mom and dad anyway)..... Slate has slept through the night the past 3 nights. We are hoping this is the trend and not just a fluke.

We recieved a nice gift of a video camera, so now we will be able to tape Slate and have the memories of him last forever. I am going to try and figure out how to post them here or at least find a way to get a link somehow to the videos. That will be my goal this week :)

I did order baby announcements this week. I am in the process of sending them out - I figure 3 months is long enough. We are also going to get Slate's picture taken professionally in the next two weeks- so I will post those as soon as we get them taken.

I promise not to take 20 days to update again. I think we are in a routine of school and baby now, so things should get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment